Values, although abstract, serve as broad guidelines in all situations. The decisions we make are a reflection of our values and beliefs. Life is good when decisions, behaviors and lifestyles match good values.
Each of us holds numerous values with varying degrees of importance;
LOVE is one of the most powerful forces of living. It is unconditional, especially if it follows the love that God has for us all.
HONESTY refers to attributes such as integrity, trustworthiness and straightforwardness which help to build character needed
for genuine service to God and to others. It gives one a peace
TOLERANCE makes it possible for individuals' values or beliefs to coexist, as long as they do not defy moral values. It respects the universality of human beliefs by promoting free exchange
of ideas. Another description of tolerance is "harmony in
RESPECT makes the world a nicer place. All that is required is treating people the way we like to be treated. This includes:
1. Being sensitive to the thoughts and feelings of others
2. Listening to others when they speak
3. Showing appreciation for other people's background
4. Learning how to apologize and make amends
5. Using kind words as often as possible
6. Respecting opinions of others, even if we disagree
At the end of life, how we have dealt with others is the thing that counts.